Snarmadhaa at The Chaos Within has nominated me with my first Liebster! Thank you so much for appreciating my blog and giving me the opportunity to get into deeper realms of the blogosphere.
Do make sure to check out her blog which in one line would be – informative, fun and witty!
The rules of the Liebster Award are –
- Thank the Liebster Award presenter who nominated you and link back to his or her blog.
- Post 11 facts about yourself, answering the 11 questions you were asked and create 11 questions for your nominees.
- Nominate small (no more than 200 followers) blogs who you feel deserved to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know that they have been chosen.
- Display the Liebster Award logo.
- No tag-backs, meaning you can’t just re-nominate the person who nominated you.
To start, here are eleven random facts about ‘meh’ –
1. I read Thought Catalog everday, it’s a lifesaver
2. I have a big family, one brother and three sisters. I’m the second youngest.
3. I can eat Biryani anytime of the day (Biryani’s with the Southern touch)
4. My favorite movie is Sweet Home Alabama. Can’t recall the number of times I’ve watched it.
5. I spent eight years of my life in boarding schools in Uttarakhand, Meghalaya and Maharashtra.
6. I like hill stations, blankets, warm food, bonfires and walks in the woods.
7. I have recently fallen in love with EDM. Avicii, Calvin Harris and Zedd – I’m glad we live in the same century.
8. My favorite TV series is The Big Bang Theory. An avid Sheldon Cooper fan. (Followed by Pretty Little Liars and Greys Anatomy)
9. Chocolate – Snickers and Reese Butter Cup for the divine chocolate and peanut mix
who could resist? 😛
10. I want to marry a guy who will write me cheesy love letters and play the guitar for me 😀
11. If i could live anywhere in India, id pick Bangaluru – the eateries, streets and weather
My answers to Narmadhaa’s questions –
- What’s the last book you read?
Boats on Land by Janice Pariat. It’s a beautiful book written by an author from Meghalaya. I’d suggest it for fans of Jhumpa Lahiri.
2. Whose music do you listen to most often?
I am a music nerd and listen to all genres but my craze for an artist/song usually lasts for a week or month. Right now, the toppers on my playlist are Ingrid Michealson, Ellie Goulding, Calvin Harris, One Republic, Lana Del Ray and Capital City.
3. How do you like your surroundings when you’re writing?
Trees, quiet and windy air
4. What’s the one place you want to visit, but still haven’t?
That would be every city in the world because I love to travel. But the list toppers would be – In India – Manali and out of India – New Zealand (any part of the country)
5. Name the one book you’ve read and reread over and over again?
Time constraints + my concentration span don’t really let me do this but if I did, then it would be Looking for Alaska by John Green.
6. Have you ever stayed up all night working on a blog post (or many)? If so, tell us which one(s)
Stayed up halfway through a night for a travel diary I planned to publish but got too tired and it’s still stuck in the drafts folder. Coming up soon!
7. What is your favourite/most common method of writing? (typing, paper and pencil/pen, smartphone)
I like writing on paper but…..laziness issues tend to have me tapping at the keyboard
8. What is the one blog post that came out from your heart. And was so honest that you didn’t change much before publishing it?
An Open Goodbye Letter to India. Not one word was changed, the anger welled up inside just kept the words flowing out, and some sentences in the blog were almost offensive to some which I regret, but I wouldn’t change a word. Because at that moment, that was what was in my heart.
9. Which topic have you written most about in your blog?
it’s all equal i guess – heartbreak, society and family
10. What’s your favourite beverage, hot or cold?
Hot Chocolate (esp. on rainy days <3)
11. There are loads of blogging services on the web. Why did you particularly choose, and decide to stay with WordPress? Any sentiments?
WordPress caught me with its clean, chic themes and I think there’s a wonderful community here that’s growing everyday.
The bloggers I’ve nominated are –
Neeli’s blog will entertain you with its rich content on topics varying from relationships to pets and everday life experiences
Second one goes by the name of La Sua Principessa and talks of the toils of heartbreak with no edits.
Mawis Vintage is a blog that will introduce you to snazzy styles and the best places to shop for them!
Poems, travels and political views, the Desi Herald blog has it all. As Mayura puts it, it’s “a mirror to the Indian mindset.”
Rimie Marandy takes you on a journey of life, dreams, moments and memories in her blog. She is taking her first steps in the blogosphere but each post will be worth the follow!
And lastly, iengkhawm check him out for neat, touching poems and everyday life stories
My eleven questions to you –
Which has been your favorite day thus far this year and why?
What makes a perfect day for you?
What influences you to write the most?
Out of your blog posts, which one is your favorite?
What is your favorite song, how does it speak to you?
If you could choose – food or words?
Everyone has a dream of the way they would want to spend their lives. What is yours?
If you could choose any profession in the world – whether it be the President of the United States or a famous Activist/Journalist, what would it be and why?
A celebrity you would love to meet and be friends with –
What is one thing you would you change about your country?
One person that inspires you everday –